Understanding continuing care retirement communities (CCRC)
December 28th, 2020
Serento Casa is a unique retirement community offering several different living options for our residents. From post-acute care to memory care to assisted living, we provide care for all kinds of people in their later years.
Retirement communities like ours have grown and evolved over the years. Not long ago, you wouldn’t expect to find multiple different kinds of care under one roof. One location would handle post-acute care, another would provide assisted living, and a third would help with memory care.
What is continuing care?
Continuing care, also known as continuing care retirement communities (CCRC), refers to long-term retirement communities that provide several different care options for residents who want to stay in one place throughout their late-life aging.
Continuing care retirement communities like ours offer just some of the following:
- Assisted Living is designed for residents who need help with daily activities but still like to maintain some independence. Our residents enjoy complete freedom from housekeeping, laundry, transportation, meals, apartment maintenance, and a variety of enriching amenities to help them make the most of each and every day.
- Post-Acute Care puts residents in capable hands to a steady path of rest, healing, and improved health. We provide short-term rehabilitation, and also offer long term stays to residents.
- Memory Care is designed to meet the needs of residents who live with dementia, Alzheimer’s, or other memory issues, providing special care and support.
Any of these could be a standalone community, but continuing care combines several of them into one location.
What to look for in continuing care retirement communities
If you or a family member are preparing to move to a retirement community, here are some things we recommend you look for.
- Friendly staff – The staff at CCRCs are possibly the most important element: these are the people you’ll be seeing on a regular basis! Serento Casa is proud of our friendly, welcoming staff who regularly receive five-star reviews.
- Convenient location – Is your new community where you want it to be, with close proximity to family members and friends who want to visit?
- Amenities – Continuing care retirement communities should offer amenities that enrich your life. Social activities, exciting events, delicious and healthy meals, and on-site housekeeping are just some of what to expect from the best CCRCs.
- Fellow residents – If you can, try to meet some of the residents at your new community! These people will have first-hand accounts of what the location is like, and you might even make some new friends!
Visit Serento Casa, a continuing care retirement community in San Dimas, California
Located in the beautiful San Gabriel mountains, Serento Casa is a unique CCRC with a vibrant, caring, and welcoming atmosphere. If you’d like to learn more, contact us today!< Back